We have been given the green light to start flights with restrictions.
- In line with the current Government regulations we require all passengers over the age of 16 years to show evidence of full vaccination.
- Not all tours will be available - if you are not sure or want to know more on a particular flight/tour, just send us an email and we will answer back very quickly to enable you to make your plans.
- Some landed tour times may need to be adjusted based on availability of landed locations due to restricted numbers at any one time onsite.
- We will be following a COVID SAFE plan.
- The specific guidelines from DDHS that relate to our industry is as follows:
"Licensed tourism services that use open-air vehicles only are permitted to operate. A vehicle, inclusive of roofed vehicle, is considered an open-air vehicle if at least two sides are open to airflow at all times."
Please note the below conditions which are subject to change based on the current recommendations of governing bodies.
Please see the below points.
- Most important: We ask that if you are not feeling well or have the smallest of symptoms to please not attend the airport or take part in a flight.
- You must wear a mask if over the age of 12 years.
- You will be required to show evidence of full vaccination if over the age of 16 years.
- You will be required to scan our QR code.
- We will only fly passengers on the same flight who are known to each other.
- We will request you answer a few short questions about your health prior to flying.
- We will collect your full name and number to be recorded in our passenger log book for tracing and tracking in the event someone presents with symptoms.
- A short additional briefing will be given to all passengers to guide them on the do's & don'ts to help keep everyone safe.
What Grampians Helicopters will do:
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser will be available at the check in process
- Hand washing facilities will be available for all passengers
- The aircraft will be cleaned with disinfected between flights, including headsets, door handles, seat belts and all visible surfaces will be cleaned.
- Your temperature may be taken on arrival with a temperature gun.
What we ask from our passengers:
- Under instructions and supervision from the pilot, passengers will operate their own headsets and seat belts during embarking and disembarking.
- We ask that our passengers wear a face mask during their flight. These face masks will be provided by Grampians Helicopters or you may wear your own mask.
- Additionally procedures will need to be followed at all landed locations during a tour. Including, but not limited to;
- Your name and number will be provided to each location we visit for their log books.
- We request you follow the pilot and staff on the ground & follow instructions during your landed section of the tour, as each location have their own policies and procedures that we will follow, we ask that you co operate.
All standard terms and conditions apply - please see below.
Terms & Conditions
Flight booking details:
All flights can be booked online, via telephone or email.
Flights and costs are subject to availability, confirmed passenger and baggage weights.
Flights are subject to weather conditions on the day of travel.
Flight and tour durations are estimates and may be affected by weather, air traffic control and other conditions on the day.
Flights are conducted under day VFR rules and are limited to daylight operations only.
Restrictions: All flights are a minimum of two people and maximum of three people.
Safety is priority to us: the pilot has the right to change or cancel the itinerary due to weather or safety reasons. We reserve the right to refuse carriage.
Flight cancellation policy:
Grampians Helicopters reserve the right to cancel or postpone flights due to weather, safety or operational necessity. Safety is our primary consideration in all operations and Grampians Helicopters will accept no compromise to safety standards. In the event of a cancellation by Grampians Helicopters, no charge will be made to the client.
If your flight is cancelled by Grampians Helicopters (e.g due to weather), no charges will apply. If you cancel your flight (cancellation by customer) after conducting a booking, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Cancellation more than 14 days prior to booked experience:
Choose either a refund of 90% of the total value of your booking, or a Grampians Helicopters gift certificate for the full value, to use for another booking/time.
- Cancellation between 14 and 7 days prior to booked experience:
Choose either a refund of 50% of the total value of your booking, or a Grampians Helicopters gift certificate the full value, to use for another booking/time.
- Cancellation less than 7 days but more than 48 hours prior to booked experience:
No refunds are given, but a Grampians Helicopters gift certificate for the full value of your booking, to use for another booking, will be issued.
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to booked experience:
No refunds or credit vouchers/gift certificates apply.
- Any booked passengers that fail to arrive at the nominated date and time will not be eligible for a refund.
Individual weight restriction of 125kg - 136kg (depending on the flight) plus a combined weight restriction applies depending on flights taken. Phone or email for details.
Note: If you provide incorrect weight information during the booking process, resulting in the flight not proceeding, you will only receive 50% refund of your total flight.
Infants & Children:
Children: All passengers over the age of 3 years require their own seat and are charged the same rate as an adult. Infants under the age of 3 years are seated on an adults lap with additional belt, with no charge for children under 3 years. If you have two children between the ages of 3 years and 12 years who weight less than 77kg combined - they may share the same seat (seperate headsets) and only a one seat cost applies.
Light, small handbags permitted on flights. Larger or heavier items may be permitted by prior arrangement, subject to confirmed size and weight. Dangerous goods as specified by aviation regulations are not permitted on Grampians Helicopters flights.
Grampians Helicopters will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused in the handling of passengers equipment, property or luggage, including as a result of negligence.
Passenger Refusal Policy:
Grampians Helicopters, in accordance with Australian Aviation Law, reserves the right to refuse any passenger who, in the opinion of the pilot, may provide a hazard to aviation or to the safety and comfort of other passengers. Passengers may be refused for reasons including but not limited to: perceived intoxication; erratic, offensive or threatening behaviour; or implied risk to the safety of the flight. A pilot or staff member’s decision to refuse a passenger is final and will be upheld. In the event a passenger is refused, full charges may apply.
Bookings are essential to redeem your gift certificate.
Grampians Helicopters gift certificates valid for 36 months from the date of issue. Grampians Helicopters gift certificates are not refundable or transferrable to another party. In the event a booking is postponed or converted into a gift certificate within the respected timeframe of the original booking - this gift certificate is not refundable or transferable to another party.
Gift certificates are valid only to the date as shown on the voucher and flights must be booked and used before the expiry date (36 months from date of purchase)
Gift certificates are non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash.
Please present your gift certificate to your pilot at the time of your flight.
In the event of a weather change during a landed tour, and the helicopter can not be flown to finish your flight/tour, alternative ground transportation will be provided. No refund on helicopter flight will be provided.
18+: Winery tasting tours are subject to people over 18 years. The purchasing of wine at each vineyard is at the own expense of the passenger, with limitations on the final quantity to be carried on board the helicopter will apply, however further shipping arrangements can be made. No consumption of alcohol allowed on board.
Food: For all tours with food included, please advise if any dietary requirements need to be catered for during the booking process.